Monday, September 28, 2009

iTunes Preorders Now Available + Guide to LP

If you pre-ordered Crash Love on iTunes, your pre-order is now available. You should get an e-mail soon telling you that your pre-order is ready to be downloaded. Alternately, you can go to the "Store" menu and click "Check for Available Downloads."

Here is our guide to the iTunes LP. Click on the links for screenshots:

The pre-order includes 18 songs (including iTunes exclusives "Too Late For Gods" and "Breathing Towers To Heaven") plus the iTunes LP version, which is over 250MB large. The Main Menu contains links to "Play Album," "Song List," "Davey," "Jade," "Adam," "Hunter," "Photos," "Despair Faction," "Discography," "Etch Love," "Credits," and "AFireInside.net."

When you play the album, the album plays in order with an Crash Love visualizer playing along with snowflakes. For each member, there is a special tracklisting, a lengthy note about Crash Love and a video.

For Davey, there is a note, an audio version of the note, and a video. For Jade, there is a note and video containing more footage from the teaser video given to us before Crash Love of Davey and Jade writing in slow motion. For Adam there is a note and a humorous video. For Hunter there is a note and two funny videos (1 2).

There are seven pictures in the photo gallery; three before-seen group shots and four never-before-seen individual shots. In the Despair Faction section, there are letters from Gavin and Davey, as well as a link to a new page on AFireInside.net listing every DF member by first name and last initial, location, and the amount of time he/she been a member.

The discography contains the names and artwork of AFI's eight albums, with links to buy them all in iTunes. Etch Love allows you to draw your own etching into the gold background. (See our effort here.) The credits are... credits.

24 comments:

  1. I'm downloading through iTunes now.Note:Medicate is the only track with an uncommon album name: "Crash Love (Expanded Edition)" instead of all the others having "Crash Love (Deluxe Edition)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. its no a available here in California :( i guess gotta wait 3 more hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHECK YOUR EMAIL PABLO AND JASON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathing Towers to Heaven. Win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, funny note. I received the e-mail and clicked check for available downloads as I always do when I pre-order on iTunes and nothing. I had to follow the link, maybe because I pre-ordered before the iTunes 9.0 update?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the LP thing wasn't ready for prime time. The end of Davey's written thing is on Jade's, Jade's is at the end of Davey's, and Adam's and Hunter's videos aren't working. Is anyone else having these problems?

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's not fair that australia can't/couldn't access the itunes only tracks. very unhappy i can't even PAY to get these songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMFG THANK YOU JASON!!!!!!!!! This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for posting that info!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm surprised the LP didn't come with lyrics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Angelsineveryone(Brandon)September 29, 2009 at 1:38 AM

    @jAtFhIm They are working for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that's weird. I tried restarting my computer to no avail. Anyone know how to re-download purchases on iTunes? The file must have gotten corrupted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is interesting: I went into my iTunes folder and found the LP folder. In the video folder there is a file called "Torch Song (guitars)", which is "Torch Song" with just the guitars, obviously. And there is a file called "Beautiful Thieves" which has about 30 seconds of synths. After I played these, they disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, the Davey pic is now my desktop. Lol. Hiding in the cupboards? XP And that's interesting, jAtFhlm. :/ Wonder why they disappear. And where they go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seems like they magically disappeared from my hard drive. I can get to them from Recent Items, but when I try to play them it says the file has been changed or moved. They're not in the recycle bin, and searching for them--there they are, haha. Cool. I'm going to have to make a power tab for "Torch Song" tomorrow. This will make it much easier. A lot of it gets lost in the mix. The "Beautiful Thieves" synths are from the chorus. You can barely hear it in the song. All I can make out is the choir with a hint of the strings. It seems like a lot of work to just bury it.I think when I opened the files with iTunes, iTunes imported and moved the files.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is this worth it/how much is it? I'm interested... btw, my deluxe edition arrived a day early and loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Probably. Haha, iTunes is sneaky. :) Glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Vader, it costs $12.99. I don't think it is worth it just for the LP unless you are a true fanatic. The novelty runs out quickly. You get to witness Davey's prose prowess and adulation for alliteration. Adam's letter is more of a short-story (pretty impressive). Hunter writes a long, informative letter sparsely sprinkled with his unique brand of humor (I wonder if this is what he was working on when he posted pictures on twitter). Jade's letter is very brief. Mine won't show the videos for Adam and Hunter. It is an interesting idea, but not quite worth 13 bucks on its own. @Kera, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @JatFhlm, thanks. I'm debating. I'd say I'm a borderline fanatatic, and plus, thanks to my graduation I have cash to spare. I may. Then again, I'm planning to get the super deluxe edition come December/January so idk... I'd love to know what would be included in that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @JatFhlm They are exclusive songs that contains Torch Song only guitar playing and Beautiful thieves Final Chorus they are both amazing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can anyone post the pictures from the LP? I have a mac and I can't save them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What are the specialized tracklists for each member?

    ReplyDelete
  23. @jAtFhIm My videos aren't working either. The audio to the video is working, just not the moving picture. Did you ever find a way to make the video work?I will say however, I love Jade's Easter Eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete