Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dave Hause Opening For AFI in Myrtle Beach/Atlanta (Jonny Craig Opening in Orlando, FL)

Update: Jonny Craig will be opening for AFI in Orlando, FL on November 19. Click here to see his MySpace Music page.

Following Gallows dropping off of the Crash Love tour, Dave Hause of the The Loved Ones will be opening for AFI on their next two tour dates at House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, SC (Nov. 15) and at the Tabernacle in Atlanta, GA (Nov. 16). Here's the blog post from Dave's MySpace.
"So I got a call today from my old friend in AFI saying that the band they had opening for them on their current tour cancelled. They asked if I could open for them in Myrtle Beach and Atlanta tomorrow and Monday, too which I said of course. So if you live in those towns and want to come out, see you at the shows."

11 comments:

  1. seems a bit of a weird choice for an opener...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't a fan of gallows, but I've never even heard of this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People acting as though the Loved Ones are some unknown, "nobody" band makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see this guy. He won't get the crowd worked up like Gallows would, to be sure. But honestly, the crowd will rev itself up Jade plays the Torch Song guitar solo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd rather hear Gallows. It seems awkward for him to be there

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well at least no one will be complaining about spit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't even know this guy still made music after leaving Dance Gavin Dance. Hopefully he'll put on a good show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gallows are THE BEST hardcore band of the moment. AFI giving them a support spot is proof that Davey & Co. still know where they come from and haven't forgotten how important bands like Gallows are. Thanks AFI for putting them on this tour and a speedy recovery to Frank & co.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utter disappointment. Isn't this dude like the guy who gets thrown out of bands because of his drug use, but supposedly has an amazing voice. Cant wait to here his chill, stoner jams, there's definitely more than a handful of bands that could have filled in while in Florida. This just doesn't mesh well. Went from a super-tour to blah. And when I say blah, I mean I wish AFI could play a double set. Must of been a label call. It will be special none the less.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they chose this guy for the Florida show because he's got a show in Orlando the day before or something like that.definitely won't rev up the crowd like Gallows would've but I doubt the real AFI fans really need a revving.

    ReplyDelete