Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Message From Jason Regarding Yesterday's Hack

AFI News HQ was hacked within the last couple of days. Unfortunately, this occurred while I was on vacation, and I will still be on vacation for the next 2 weeks. I found out about it yesterday afternoon and I have been in constant contact with the other writers and admins. We do not know who the hacker was, but here is the bottom line.
  • Mary's administrator account was hacked; all posts were deleted
  • We have taken back control and all passwords have been changed
  • I have kept backups of the blog on other blogging sites, which we will use to restore as many posts as possible, although it will be a long process. We literally have to repost over 1,000 posts. The blog may be very chaotic for a few days with all of the ancient news, but it will all be sorted out eventually and everything will be back to normal
  • Pablo's status is undetermined at the moment, so please do not ask about that
  • We will continue to post new news as we rebuild the old posts. We actually just made some breaking news about Blaqk Audio song titles!
  • AFI News HQ will recover from this attack and continue to serve the AFI fan community

14 comments:

  1. Whoa, I checked the site yesterday and there was old news on the mainpage....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we're in the middle of restoring everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question. Mary's account was hacked and it is my status the one that is undetermined?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pablo, you were "kicked off" of the team and I have put that decision on hold until we can all have a discussion together, which is impossible for the near future. I'm still figuring out exactly what happened, so please be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should get a press conference started. If the press want a story, you will GIVE THEM a story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to think anymore, I am sorry for pointing my finger at Pablo but from what I had heard it seemed believable. However, I don't blame any of the admin and I don't who did it and at this point I don't care all that I am focusing on is to get the HQ back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that happened to you Jason. After all the work you put into this, it's really pathetic someone would just want to ruin it for amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree with drew, this hacker must be a real doush

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an idea of who did it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see Pablo's name back on the staff list. I do have to say that its a shame Jason can't leave to go on vacation without staff getting booted off or the site getting hacked.

    @Stewart
    They would look weird without them plus you wouldn't be able to open their chest without them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your offensive comments will be deleted, MK Ultra. I don't even know who you are, I don't know where all this hatred comes from. And I honestly don't care. I honly feel honored you spend so many time speaking of me.

    It's also interesting to see how our private messages are being leaked to readers. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And to answer your question, Drew, that you deleted because it most likely didn't make sense, the hacker left the site viewable for all. Obviously a hacker wouldn't hack a site and keep it private... so that's how I saw it was hacked again. You also seem to know a lot of hacking, hmm...

    ReplyDelete