Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crash Love Song Mini-Tournament

We've done two large song tournaments, one in Spring 2009 with all of AFI's songs, and then another one in Spring 2010 with 64 songs. Both were great successes in participation, so we've decided to apply it on a smaller scale to Crash Love!

We'll be using the 16 songs recorded and released from the sessions, but the rounds will be a bit different from years' past in order to speed things along. There will initially be 4 groups of 4 songs each, and from each of these 2 songs will advance to the quarterfinals. At that point there will be one-on-one matchups until we have a winner.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love these song tournament things! will you guys be doing them for each album?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its easy to say VSS is the one to go in. personally Darling,I want to destroy you is a wiser choice for the sheer fact of how much fun it is to imagine who you would put in the others position. O the memories of that prick. But thats just me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. if too late for gods or end transmission doesn't win, i will be very sad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder why votes aren't being registered? I only see 2 votes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Jason - that happaned on my old blog, AFITalk. All the poll numbers went down to 2 votes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that's the problem drew. I voted when there was only 1 vote and then it went up to 2. I checked the page 5 mins later and the poll was no longer up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats because jason took the poll down after it wasnt taking votes

    ReplyDelete
  10. between Torch Song, End Transmission or Too Late for Gods. I cannot see any other song other than one of these 3 winning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Torch Song is very overrated IMO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say if i had to pick a song i couldnt i would pick three!!! Veronica Sawyer Smokes, 100 words, and End Transmission!!! with Darling i want to destroy you fourth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really want Too Late For Gods to win. I love CL but if I had to pick one song, that'd be it.

    ReplyDelete