Monday, July 12, 2010

Help Us Help One of Our Own

Hey Guys,

For those of you who didn't know, Mike's cousin was killed in a car crash a few months ago and him as well as his family are having trouble finding funds for memorial services. Currently, Mike needs $1,000 to create a memorial plaque commemorating his cousin. Mike is currently trying to sell many of his AFI related possessions that he owns. One in particular is his custom Crash Love guitar that is signed by the band. Mike won the guitar when he won the Etch Love contest, held by the band a few months ago and it is something that he loves dearly. We, at AFI News HQ, don't want Mike to sell something that he values so much and we want to help him out. Therefore, we are accepting donations to help him pay for memorial costs. Any donation would be appreciated! We are also bidding off a few of our own personal items to help raise money. A new item will be posted every few days on the left sidebar. If you want the item, simply email us with how much you are willing to pay. The top buyer at the end of 5 days will receive the item. First up is a never used Art of Drowning CD. If interested, email us with the price you are willing to pay. 100% of the proceeds will go towards Mike and his family. Our hearts and prayers go out to Mike and his family. Thanks!

- The AFI News HQ Team




For information regarding the death of Mike's cousin, please click here.






21 comments:

  1. Ok donated <3
    hope everything works out Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so sorry for your loss... my prayers and thoughts are with your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really, deeply sorry for your loss. Recently, one of my friends passed in a fire... I know how hard this must be. As soon as I can get money, I'll try to help out as much as I can.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear this, I will donate on payday. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I might be willing to buy the guitar. Are you willing to sell at 500?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude thats pretty cold. The reason we're raising money is so he DOESN'T have to sell that guitar. How about you have a heart and donate that 500?

    I'm so sorry for your loss. If I can donate. I will. Stay strong and stay with your friends. Take it from someone who's been down a hard path. Your friends are the ones who will pick you up when you fall down. So let them carry you through this hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The article was written with some confusing pronoun antecedent disagreement. Was his cousin hit by the suspect's car or was he the suspect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. didnt give much, but as much as i could, hope you guys reach what you need and much love to his family and friends. R.I.P

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'll donate! so sorry for your loss mike. love and support to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm willing to donate, but first I need to know if he was a gun-carrying gang-banger.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not gun-carrying however he was in the car with them, and was a suspect. The rest of the people inside the car had a talk with the family and said that my cousin didn't touch the gun and he was mainly scared and just wanted to get home already. If you want to donate do so, if not then just carry on with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all so much for donating, I really appreciate it. I have a lot of people say so many bad things about my cousin including police officers and teachers. The fact is they didn't know who he really was, they only judge by how someone looks. I really don't want to hear any bad things here on the HQ so please if you want to donate please do so otherwise ignore the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May angels lead him in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll try to donate, but we're really money tight right now, but I'll try my hardest.
    <3
    I'm sorry for your loss Mike and I'll keep you and your cousin and family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donated what I could right now - I will try to donate more later in the week. So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SS for your lost mike!
    Unfortunately I have no money right now to give :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sending condolences and prayers ~
    and a donation as well.
    Take Care, xomenace

    ReplyDelete
  18. My condolences. So sorry for you lost. I'd like to donate but its not letting me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. someone should tell the band he has to sell his signed guitar. They might sign another one for him. Who knows.

    Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete