Tuesday, February 16, 2010

FasterLouder.com Interviews Davey

FasterLounder.com, an Australian music magazine, recently interviewed Davey in preparation for the Soundwave Festival shows that AFI will be performing soon. In the interview, Davey spoke about playing old songs live, fans dedication to the band, and track pants. Regarding the band playing old songs live, Davey said:

“I don’t cringe when I hear it, I cringe when I have to play it,” the frontman muses. “I’m certainly not embarrassed of our old stuff, and I’m proud of what we’ve done. Everything from our past went into creating who we are now, and without that past we’d be a completely different band. That said, I definitely cringe if we play them now. I have no interest in playing the majority of those old songs, if only for the fact we played them for five, 10, almost 20 years, amongst many other reasons.”

No comments:

Post a Comment