Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer Shudder an Essential

I feel like everything’s moving in slow motion. It appears there is so little going on in the AFI world but with the anticipation of this album, I just consume every scrap and morsel so quickly that I’m left hungry for more. I’m sure you all can relate.

This month’s issue of AP (feat. Jade’s essay on Jawbreaker) also contains a list which AP dubbed 10 Essential “Summer” Songs. Summer Shudder was first on the list, though I don’t much agree with their interpretation. I believe the lyrics are more along the lines of subtly calling someone out for being overly dramatic, “our lives look smaller now”, etc. Tell me what you think, it’s a pretty vague song.

Note: On June 30, 2010 AFI News HQ was hacked and all posts were deleted. This is one of the posts that was affected. The text here was imported from a backup, but all of the original comments are gone and the author credited below is only responsible for reposting in most cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment