Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Davey To Join Cast Of American Idiot

Davey will play Evil St. Jimmy starting March 1 for 2 weeks. Read more here
American Idiot on broadway is Green Day's music and follows three working-class characters as they wrestle with modern life. One joins the Army, one becomes a father and one descends into a drug-fueled life. Held at the St. James Theatre New York, NY. Buy tickets here or here

Updated
Davey voices how he feels about playing St. Jimmy

I've been in NYC for only a few days but, already, it is proving to be all that I hoped and more. Having the opportunity to perform on Broadway is nothing less than a dream come true: when Billie offered me the role of St. Jimmy it was one of the most thrilling moments of my life. He is not only an exceedingly talented performer but a...n overwhelmingly generous friend (who I've been lucky enough watch own the stage every night). I cannot wait to get up there to pound the boards and join the phenomenal cast of American Idiot. When I take my bows, I hope to see some of you in those velvet seats.

from Manhattan,
DXH

From Facebook



We'll keep you up dated on more info as it appears.

10 comments:

  1. Thats what I said but not too shocking. I'm actually excited to see how this goes. Davey always talks of wanting to be on film or Broadway so I hope this goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow that is interesting. I wish I could see it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw this info last night. I felt strangely about it at first but then Jade posted on his blog and said this was a dream come true for Davey, to play on Broadway. So I say, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited! Of course, I'm a Green Day fan too, and I'm glad to have an excuse to see the musical again. I think Davey will do great though! Hoping that he'll come out after some of the shows with the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw it in January with Billie Joe in it. There is noooo way I'll be able to see Davey in it D':

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woooow!!!! I had no idea that green day had a musical!!!! Wow im superexcited and shocked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might go!
    AFI fan meet-up possible?
    It would be awesome to see Davey achieving one of his dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Congrats Davey. Wish I could see it but New York is a long way from Washington State, I'll be there in spirit.

    ReplyDelete